What's in My Bag?

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

When I was much younger, like many five year olds, I walked around with a purse filled with markers, crayons, all of my lip glosses, and at least three different dolls. But as I grew older I began to learn what I needed in my purse and what was made to stay at home.
Each person may find different things necessary to keep in her purse but these are the somewhat universal essentials that every girl should keep handy in her purse.



  1.  Wallet- TBH, what is the point of you even having a purse without a wallet in it.  I like to keep a lot of things in my wallet so I tend to buy larger wallets. But each person is different and this is something you may have a different opinion about. Inside my wallet I keep cash, debit/credit cards, library cards, change, bus passes, coupons, and loyalty/rewards cards for my favorite stores.
  2. Cell phone and phone charger- This is probably the next most important thing I keep in my purse. Can we all take a moment to acknowledge how short smart-phone batteries last these days? Honestly,  it is slightly annoying how short they last. Otherwise this is pretty self-explanatory.
  3. Headphones- Super important and self-explanatory.
  4. Water- I honestly cannot live without water. I drink like 4-6 CamelBak sized bottles a day. 
  5. Sunglasses/Glasses- I like to keep my glasses in my purse because I don't like to wear them too often. The heat often makes them feel uncomfortable on the bridge of my nose. (I'm pretty sure all glasses people can relate.) Sunglasses tend to feel lighter on my face and protect my eyes from the sun so I prefer to wear them and keep them handy.
  6. Umbrella- As a girl with a relaxer, I prefer for my hair not to get wet in the rain, so I like to keep a travel-sized umbrella by the door to grab and drop in my purse before leaving my house. Because I live in New England, the weather is always PMSing and never seems to stay the same throughout the whole day. It's just safe to keep one handy in case of an emergency. 
  7. Makeup- During the summer having a heavy makeup face feels very uncomfortable, so I keep a travel-sized bag with a few of my essentials.(I'll do a video or a post about those as well later this month.)
  8. Pen, Pencil, and Small Notebook- My summer job as an assistant to a producer of a fashion show requires me to be constantly taking notes/always have a pen and paper prepared to take notes. I tend to gravitate to these rather than my laptop or a tablet, because a pen and paper doesn't just crash or get accidentally get deleted. It is a little old-fashioned but it is a lot more steady and trustworthy.
  9. Book or Magazine- I like to keep a copy of the current book I am reading (which is Gorgeous by Paul Rudnick by the way) or the latest issue of Nylon, Teen Vogue, Vogue, or Seventeen if I haven't finished reading it yet. I like to keep them in my bag so that I don't get bored.
  10. Sketch pad- I like to keep my sketchpad in my purse because as an aspiring fashion designer I never know when inspiration will hit. 
So that concludes my top 10 purse essentials. If you have any suggestions for future posts or videos just leave a comment below and let me know what you'd like to see.
Kisses,
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment